Shampoo bars are becoming increasingly popular due to their many benefits. They are gentle on the scalp, eco-friendly, and long-lasting. Plus, they come in a variety of formulations to suit all hair types.
If you’re new to shampoo bars, then you might be wondering how to use a shampoo bar. In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to use a shampoo bar, as well as some tips on how to get the most out of your new haircare product.
What is a shampoo bar?
Shampoo bars – also called hair soap, solid shampoo and shampoo soap – is really just a shampoo but in solid form. Our shampoo bars are 100% natural, vegan and cruelty-free. Shampoo bars are also more sustainable than bottled shampoo as they generate less waste and packaging. Shampoo bars are a convenient and easy-to-use alternative to liquid shampoo. They are also less likely to spill in your bag and one bar equals to 2 bottles of liquid shampoo, making them a cost-effective option.
If you are looking for a natural and sustainable shampoo option, then shampoo bars are a great choice!
How to use a shampoo bar
- Make sure your hair is completely wet.
- Hold the solid shampoo bar under the warm water, so that the bar becomes warm and soft.
- Then gently massage the Bar over damp hair. Starting at the roots and working your way down. You can also run the bar through your hair with your fingers.
- Now massage the shampoo in thoroughly with your finger. The massage will generate lots of rich foam and makes sure any oiliness rinses right out.
Pro tip: Concentrate on areas that are particularly oily or damaged.
- Put the solid shampoo somewhere where it can dry properly. Ideal is our bamboo soap dish. You will see that your hair soap will last much longer.
- Rins all the foam and shampoo out.
Pro tip: Make sure you fully rinse out all the foam to prevent shampoo build up.
- Enjoy healthy and natural hair. And that’s it! Using a shampoo bar is super easy.
Here are some additional tips for using a shampoo bar:
- Don’t over-wash your hair. Most people only need to wash their hair 2-3 times per week. Over-washing can strip your hair of its natural oils and make it dry and brittle.
- Use a conditioner. Even if you have oily hair, it’s still important to use a conditioner. Conditioner helps to hydrate your hair and prevent it from becoming dry and tangly.
- Store your shampoo bar properly. When you’re not using your shampoo bar, store it in a cool, dry place. This will help it to last longer.
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when using a shampoo bar:
- Using too much shampoo. Shampoo bars are very concentrated, so you only need a small amount to get a good clean. Using too much shampoo can make your hair dry and frizzy.
- Not lathering the shampoo enough. It’s important to lather the shampoo bar thoroughly before applying it to your hair. This will help the shampoo to distribute evenly and clean your hair effectively.
- Not rinsing the shampoo out completely. Be sure to rinse the shampoo out of your hair completely to avoid any residue buildup.
Getting used to shampoo bar
When you have washed your hair with synthetic and often aggressive products for years, your hair and scalp simply need to recover. After a few washes, your hair may feel a bit oily. How quickly you get used to a hair soap depends on how often you wash your hair. For one person, a shampoo bar works perfectly right away. But it can takes about 2-4 weeks. If you have used shampoo bars for a longer period of time, you will notice that your hair feels healthier and has more volume.
A conditioner bar can help repair damaged hair or just give your hair a natural boost from time to time.
Shampoo bars are a sustainable and effective alternative to liquid shampoo. They are easy to use and can provide a number of benefits for your hair and scalp. If you’re new to shampoo bars, be sure to follow the tips above to get the most out of them.